Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denoise and Lens Effects not working on high resolution image (20,000x20,000 pixels)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denoise and Lens Effects not working on high resolution image (20,000x20,000 pixels)

Hello!

Currently, I'm working on a task at my job to render some very high-resolution images for print. The resolution of the images is 20,000 x 20,000 pixels.
    To build the render scenes, I'm using software called ViSoft, rendering within this software is done using V-Ray. I'm using V-Ray in GPU CUDA mode and have an Nvidia RTX 3090 with 24GB VRAM, the CPU is a Intel i9-7900X.

What I noticed is that at this resolution the Denoiser and Lens Effect layers are no longer being applied (they worked fine for test renders at a resolution of 3200 x 3200 pixels).

I would like to ask if anyone here has experience with this and knows if it's a limitation of V-Ray or if it could be due to the high resolution (i.e. maybe the 20,000 x 20,000 resolution requires too much VRAM memory, causing the Denoiser and Lens Effect layers to stop working)?

(Switching between GPU CUDA and RTX mode or to the CPU mode didn't make a difference and from a resolution of 10,000 x 10,000 the Denoiser and Lens effects stopped working).

Below, I've included two images that show the difference between the test render (top image) and the high-resolution render (bottom image).

Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version

Name:	afbeelding.png
Views:	185
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	1186722​​

Click image for larger version

Name:	afbeelding.png
Views:	143
Size:	6.72 MB
ID:	1186723

Hi, thanks for posting. There is no limiter to render 20x20K resolution with the V-Ray Denoiser other than memory amount. What happens if you disable the denoiser and apply only the lens effects? Do you have any warnings or errors in the V-Ray Log?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X