GPU Rendering Yields Oversaturated Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU Rendering Yields Oversaturated Colors

I'm using V-Ray 6, update 1.2, 3ds Max 2024.

I've noticed that I'm getting correct colors when using CPU rendering, and incorrect (oversaturated) colors while using GPU rendering. I have ACES enabled through Rendering>Color Management ("OCIO (Technology Preview) - 3ds Max Default" selected for color management mode, "ACEScg" selected for color space).

Does anyone have any advice? Is there some setting or checkbox I've neglected to select? I have a test scene shown down below (CPU 1st, GPU 2nd).

Best,
    Josh
    Click image for larger version  Name:	CPU Rendering.jpg Views:	0 Size:	203.7 KB ID:	1187353 Click image for larger version  Name:	GPU Rendering.jpg Views:	0 Size:	197.9 KB ID:	1187354

Hi, thanks for posting. I could not reproduce the issue in a new simple scene. Could you send over your scene for review? You can do that here or through the support contact form. If you choose the contact form please include a link to this thread in your message.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I have sent the scene over with the support contact form. Thanks, Vladimir!

Comment

Hi, there is a difference in the final render between CPU and GPU with the 3ds Max 2024 OCIO color correction when using bitmaps. Let me investigate this a bit further and I will get back to the thread.

Comment

The issue is reported under VMAX-13503 in our system. We will notify you when the fix is ready.

Comment

Hi josh_neilson this issue is fixed in the stable builds. Thanks for bringing it to attention. We highly appreciate your help so far.

Comment

Amazing! Thanks, vladimir_krastev, for taking care of this. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X