Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• endless LC and bitmaps loading

Hi everyone,
    it's about a month or more I'm having issues with vray.
    it's odd because since then I didn't change anything in my ssystem and was working fine.

suddenly I started to experience problem with railclone objects, that randomly weren't rendered anymore, and problem when loading/reloding the scene after a change, where basically vray get stucked in a loop where it tries to load the bitmaps and build the LC.

railclone support pointed me to a temporary version of vray where raiclone object issue is fixed, but the render one is annoying now.
    does anyone experience my same problem? any solution yet?

Using max 2024 with vray ^ update 1.2 (6.10.09 build 32172)

Thanks in advance.
    Lorenzo

it's becoming annoying now

https://youtu.be/r706RG28Dmw

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting.
      railclone support pointed me to a temporary version of vray where raiclone object issue is fixed, but the render one is annoying now.
      Could you explain in a bit more details what has changed after you installed V-Ray build version 32172 (this is a stable build)? What did the stable build fix and what is the remaining issue?
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Vladimir,
        I'll try, basically, previously if I had RC objects in the scene, randomly they were rendered.
        let's say, 3 rc object, rc1 rc2 rc3.
        I pressed render, first time rc1 wasn't rendered and the others yes.
        I stopped and pressed render again, this time rc2 wasn't rendere and the others yes.
        and so on and so on.

The version they suggested to use fixed that problem, but I still have this problem now https://youtu.be/r706RG28Dmw​

I have to keep stop the render and start it again...and seems to have sent back in time about 10 year ago without IPR.

Lorenzo

Comment

Hi, thanks for the video. It seems you posted it as I was writing my previous reply. Could you send us the scene and assets? You can do that here or by using the support contact form. If you choose the contact form, please include a link to this thread in your message.

Comment

aha, I thought I did .

let me collect it, but let me say that it's not on this specific scene but in any scene in general.

https://www.dropbox.com/t/vwqrt7MdtTsr3jAk

Lorenzo

Comment

and....don't know if it's related or not...but, any time I'm changing a a value in the material, this take about 5-10 sec di be loaded(in the meantime cpu fans runs high)

Comment

Hi, we have this issue reported under VMAX-13342. I will add your thread to the list and attach the test scene. We will notify you when the issue is fixed.

Comment

Much appreciated,
                  Lorenzo

Comment

Hi Vladimir,
                    sorry to ask...but, the ticket numenr you mention, does it include also the issue of big delays while adding color correction/changing values by chance?
                    thgey seems simple operation but cpu goes to 100% and take up to a minutes sometimes

Lorenzo

Comment

Hello,

The ticket concerns only the endless restarts of LC calculations in some cases with RailClone. The issue itself is fixed with the latest RailClone version (6.1.3).
                      Not sure what is the issue of big delays for color corrections - can you share some more details ?

Best regards,
                      Yavor
                      Yavor Rubenov
                      V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Hi Yavor,
                        it doesn't let me reply the answer...some sort or error given from some special characters.
                        I'll reply as soon as he let me

Comment

basically, so far I had the problem adding vraydirt node, color correction and mix node.
                          when I tried to use it, cpu goes up to maximun, fans as well and it takes about 30 sec to a minute to make a change of value.
                          still need to understanfd to what is related to, but because RC has benn named a lot lately, maybe does this with material applied to rc objects...and maybe the latest version fixed this.

I'm having issues opening files too, the whole day I'm struggling...no way to open them.
                          as soon as I can open the file I'll try.

Lorenzo

Comment

Hi, I have tested your scene again today. I followed the steps you mentioned above. Everything runs smooth and fast, including open/save. If you still struggle and can't find a solution we could meet for a team viewer session. Please use the support contact form to open a ticket and book a team viewer session. Please add a link to this tread in your message to support.

Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 04-08-2023, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X