Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My scene keeps creating _Recovered layers (with just a VRaySun in them) - is this a VRay problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My scene keeps creating _Recovered layers (with just a VRaySun in them) - is this a VRay problem?

I've been posting on the Autodesk forums thinking this is a 3DS Max Layer issue/bug but I'm beginning to wonder if it might actually be a VRay problem (not necessarily a GPU issue but as I do 99% of my renders using GPU I thought I'd post here).

Essentially, for some unknown reason, my scene keeps creating layers, all by itself, named _Recovered_"Layer_Name" - now, in my instance, that "Layer_Name" happens to contain ONLY VRay specific items, like cameras, VRayLights and a VRaySun.

What happens is that during, or when reopening (it seems) a scene, a _Recovered_"Layer_Name" layer gets created, with ONLY a VRaySun in it. A duplicate of the VRaySun I already have in that Layer_Name layer, so I end up (often not noticing) TWO VRaySuns.....

And then, over time, I'll end up with another _Recovered_Recovered_"Layer_Name" layer with yet another VRaySun, now I've got 3 suns in my scene......

I've tried quite a few obvious things and nothing is fixing this.

Please can someone help because I'm wasting a ton of time rendering, finding I've got a bad render because I have multiple suns (for no reason as i didn't put them there) and then I'm spending time diagnosing and investigating.....

Any one else get this issue?

Here is the link to my thread at Autodesk;

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-m...197627#M209198
    Jez

------------------------------------
    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Hi, thanks for posting. This is very unusual issue. Haven't heard of something like this. In the Autodesk forum you mention it happens even when the scene is open and idling. There has to be some plugin or scene manager that goes trough the scene and changes stuff.
    I don't see how V-Ray can be doing this.
    What version of 3ds Max and V-Ray are you using?
    Do you have any other plugins and could you share what are they?
    If you want to keep confidentiality please go to the ticketing system with a link to this thread in the description.
    Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 30-08-2023, 04:12 AM.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I also had this problem a while back for about a year with older scenes. But haven't had it lately. Did you find the culprit? Do you by any chance have Pulze Scene Manager installed?
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I have been having this problem as well, additional vray suns created, max will crash at random times, but most often when saving a render or saving the scene.

Comment

it does not sound like exactly the same issue but in the past ive had issues with material editor having another max scene open as a material ibrary and it merging objects which are somehow linked to a specific material into the scene randomly.. often a sun or light.. maybe check you dont have any material libraries/max files open in the material browser

Comment

for example:

https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...ugh-mat-editor

Comment

Working...
            X