Vray6 3ds max very slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray6 3ds max very slow

Hello, as you are I have a problem, I have an nvidia rtx 4090, I render with GPU but I have realized that it is very slow when rendering, I use denoise, noise limit is 0.02, GI is Light Cache.

I tried with a scene of the same size in Blender using the same noise level, making it as similar as possible and in Blender with a GPU it is absurdly much faster. A 6000x 4000 render in Vray takes me 30 minutes and in Blender it takes me 7 minutes, both with GPU.

Any solution? update all drivers​

Hi, thanks for posting. Try a test with V-Ray Benchmark Tool and compare your result to a similar configuration in the statistics of the Benchmark. If your result differs a lot from the average for an RTX 4090 in the data that we have collected in our results then there may be an issue with your setup. Lets start from there, please perform this test and share your score. You have to stop all other applications during the test for correct results.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello Vladimir, thank you for responding, here is the image of the test, what do you think?​

Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2023-11-21 115718.png
Views:	188
Size:	298.9 KB
ID:	1195547

Comment

Is that the driver version tested and approved by Chaos?
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

glorybound yes, if that is

Comment

Hi, your result is good compared to the data from other users.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome_2023-11-22_09-44-47.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1195575

scene of the same size in Blender using the same noise level, making it as similar as possible and in Blender with a GPU it is absurdly much faster
            It is not correct to compare a scene built in Blender to a scene built in 3d Max, using V-Ray. There are too many unknowns.
            If you think your scene in V-Ray renders too slow, send it for review. We may be able to find the reason. A workflow that is not optimised can easily slow things down a lot. You may also have gotten "lucky" and hit a bug with your V-Ray test scene that slows it down.
            Please send your scene with assets here or trough the support contact form for review.
            Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X