Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3DS MAX crashes without warning or message at render times in VRay 6 GPU update-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3DS MAX crashes without warning or message at render times in VRay 6 GPU update-2

3DS MAX 2024 crashes without warning or message at render times in VRay 6 GPU update-2

When rendering overnight with MAX 2024 latest updates and VRAY 6 GPU-2, I see in the morning that MAX is closed down without any message or warning.

Maybe there is somewhere a log-file of MAX or VRAY where I can look at? Could it be a MAX or a specific Vray problem?

I run on windows 11, latest updates, an RTX 4090 (latest drivers) and 64 GB RAM.

The system is rendering about 50 or 70 frames (tried 2 times) and the close down. So at first sight the VRay GPU is rendering correct....
    Temps of CPU and GPU are normal around 55-60 degrees.

Windows is working fine afterwards, nog glitches or bug-messages.

What can possibly cause this issue and how to fix it?
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Mikeymore; 11-01-2024, 09:16 AM.

Hi, thanks for posting.

A crash can occur in many different scenarios.
    You could be running out of memory in some frames or there could be an object/material that has a problem and is causing the crash.

Is your scene crashing at the roughly the same frames of your sequence?

Could you record your screen while rendering. This way you can see what is going on in the last moments before the crash.
    It is best if you can record your VFB and a statics for your hardware. The windows task manager is not reliable for this. Please use a dedicated GPU performance monitoring tool.

Please could you reproduce the issue once again and look for the dump and log file in your temp folder ( type %temp% in the file explorer ) and send us the newest 3dsmax_minidump.dmp and VRayLog.txt

Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X