Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTX GPU render faster on laptop 3070 compared to pc with 4090

Hello,

I am having an issue that is really bugging me for a while. There`s a spoiler, it happens with 3dsmax viewport as well, but will cover that in a minute.

I do need some help to figure out what really happens with my setups. I have a Dell laptop with an RTX 3070, i7..good memory and so on, that i use whenever i am working in smaller projects, and a really good PC build...with i9, a lot o of memory and a spetacular RTX 4090.
    Using my laptop more often, i realized that the viewport felt a lot smoother, frame rates sometimes is very high and constant, and recently i was playing with GPU rendering with latest vray versions. No surprises here, GPU is very smooth..denoiser is triggered very fast since it gets to first passes very quickly.
    I replicated the same kind of file on my RTX4090 Pc, with same simple geometry (a couple of boxes, vegetation..to much) and a simple lighting. Fresh file, no imports..Chaos Cosmos assets and so on. And not only render was slower, viewport naviation was slower as well.

It`s clear my system has something...and it`s not a Chaos or Autodesk problem. But i would appreciate if someone could give me a hint on what`s going on.

I will record videos and upload later on.

Tks all!

As promissed, here´s a video demonstration of the issue.

https://youtu.be/Yd6eGfHfQsQ

First 3 shows how my laptop and (just a correction, it´s a RTX 3060) 3dsmax is working properly. Framerates go up to 125. Las section of the video shows how my RTX4090 is somewhat locked to 60-70 fps, on simple box scene.

Anyone with a solution? All settings are default on both, but already tweaked my PC with other settings, and none was effective.

Comment

I would suggest taking a look at the drivers you have installed on both machines and see if there is any difference. For example unsupported driver by vray gpu may cause issues on your pc if that's installed there. Does your laptop have nvme for your primary disk? what about your pc? slower disk may affect some io. Additionally the ram, same thing what would be the type of ram in both machines and their clock speeds, it may affect the transfer rates. Same for cpu etc. However main issue would be the card of course so look there first.
      Dmitry Vinnik
      Silhouette Images Inc.
      ShowReel:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
      https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel View Post
        I would suggest taking a look at the drivers you have installed on both machines and see if there is any difference. For example unsupported driver by vray gpu may cause issues on your pc if that's installed there. Does your laptop have nvme for your primary disk? what about your pc? slower disk may affect some io. Additionally the ram, same thing what would be the type of ram in both machines and their clock speeds, it may affect the transfer rates. Same for cpu etc. However main issue would be the card of course so look there first.
        They have latest drivers, both has nvme. CPU has faster and higher ram capacities.

This only happen with viewport and IPR rendering. If i render with GPU, my RTX4090 performs just fine. But IPR and viewport is very important and it shouldn t happen with high end GPUs. Something is limiting performance, but dont know what.

Comment

Working...
        X