X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Light Cache Calculation Vray 6

Hello All!

I just recently upgraded to Vray 6.
    Im getting random slowdowns on Light Cache caculations with Vray 6 that I did not see with Vray 5.
    Normally we are talking about 0-10~seconds for the calculation but now randomly it can take several minutes and the rendering after is extremely slow. If I cancel it during the slow LC calculation and start it again immediately after It tends to do the LC within seconds again and also render the given frame fast!
    Anyone else experiencing similar things? Im using 2 rtx 2080ti with NVlink with recommended gpu drivers and Settings in Nvidia Control Panel.

Hi, thanks for posting. What is your host app and what is it's version (is it 3ds Max)?
    Do you have issues with every scene or only with a specific scene? Have you tried a clean driver uninstall using something like this?
    Please try to reset your render settings to default especially if you have issues with scenes that were built in V-Ray 5.
    Other things you could test:
    - disable Live Link
    - use only one RTX2080
    - test with V-Ray Benchmark and compare your result to the statistics.
    - send us one of the scenes with the issue for review. You can do that here or trough the support contact form.
    If you choose the contact form please include a link to this thread in your message for better tracking.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello Vladimir

Thank you for fast reply!

I was still doing some revision work on 3 old projects made in Vray 5, where the Light cache Slowdown happened randomly. I did try reset the render settings like suggested that did not help though. Now I also did a complete Driver uninstall/reinstall with DDU. Will try to disable/enable nvlink like suggested and do Benchmark aswell.
      I started up a new project today so far so good with no slowdowns.
      Will use contact form if it starts occuring again with scenes build from scratch with Vray 6.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the update. There could be something left from the old version that is causing issues.
        We can't tell much without a scene. Contact us again if you have further issues.
        Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X