RTX vs CUDA Rending issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTX vs CUDA Rending issues

Getting messages in the error log when rendering using the RTX engine option showing the CUDA engine is being requested.

Why is CUDA being used when the RTX option is selected?

(Side question: On the last log line when it states "incorrect brightness" I'm rendering specifically to test lighting - How do I disable or change to correct settings in regards to max ray intensity to get the correct rendered brightness. Using IES files.

[13:44:06.035] Warning : Max sample level set to 0 - rendering could take longer than expected. Consider setting a value to decrease the render time (i.e. 10000).
    [13:44:06.035] Progressive RPP must be disabled when Adaptive Lights are used. Disabling progressive RPP
    [13:44:06.035] Preparing renderer...
    [13:44:06.335] Using per-pixel filtering for IPR.
    [13:44:06.343] Creating bitmap manager
    [13:44:06.343] Bitmap manager created.
    [13:44:06.357] Light tree is enabled with clamp coefficient 0.1 and even split coefficient 1.
    [13:44:06.357] CUDA renderer requested.
    [13:44:06.357] CUDA renderer plugin already loaded.
    [13:44:06.357] CUDA renderer plugin instance successfully created.
    [13:44:06.357] EXT_RTOPENCL interface obtained successfully from CUDA renderer plugin instance.
    [13:44:06.358] Using lowest thread priority.
    [13:44:06.358] Max ray intensity is enabled: rendered result may have incorrect brightness.

Originally posted by e_8395u93 View Post
    Getting messages in the error log when rendering using the RTX engine option showing the CUDA engine is being requested.
    Why is CUDA being used when the RTX option is selected?​
    The underlying platform for both types of GPU rendering is CUDA. The RTX mode simply enables the utilization of the RT cores.

Originally posted by e_8395u93 View Post
    (Side question: On the last log line when it states "incorrect brightness" I'm rendering specifically to test lighting - How do I disable or change to correct settings in regards to max ray intensity to get the correct rendered brightness. Using IES files.​
    You can disable the Max.Ray Intensity in the Global Switches rollout in 3ds Max and in the Rendering Overrides in Maya, though this could result in effects such as excessively burned areas, fireflies, etc. The option clamps light ray values above a certain threshold, hence what we mean by "incorrect".
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X