Vray GPU distributed Rendering won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray GPU distributed Rendering won't work

I all! I really hope someone knows what to do on here since Chaos just doesn't have any kind of responsive customer service... I have been trying for 2 days to get distributed rendering to work on 2 computers and nothing is working. I have followed the online instructions to the letter but they are out of date and not explicit so I know something is missing...

On the render server computer: 4x 3090GPU: Installed render node, installed Max, Installed Backburner, Installed Vray standalone. Set license server to point to my primary machine, set backburner to point to primary machine, opened standalone and typed "vray -server" and it shows connected

On Primary machine: 1x4090GPU: installed render node, installed backburner. Set licenser server to point to itself, set backburner manager to point to itself as manager and at the server, Opened all the same programs as server computer and started them up. Went to distributed rendering and set 2 servers up, one is the render server and one is itself. opened manager and monitor backburner and monitor shows 2 servers but does not also show the manager.

When I log into chaos license manager it shows 2 render nodes available but none in use.

When I try to render with distributed rendering box checked, it begins to load and then quickly just ends and nothing happens. It doesn't even use the 4090 to render anymore.

What the heck is going on and what am I missing? all of the online resources and videos are so out of date and missing what seems to be primary information!

Update: the checkbox on distributed render server for localhost was unchecked. I checked that and now the host computer (workstation) is rendering again but it still refuses to connect to the render server. I can see under chaos license manager that when I start a render, 1 node goes into use from the workstation computer but the server computer is not connecting to the license server even though I went into the settings and made sure the IP address is the workstation and the port is 30304. In backburner it shows both the workstation server and the remote server as idle. I tried to find GPU render server, to open that instead of Vray Standalone because it says to do that in the online instructions but that doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Comment

Working...
    X