vraylightmeter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vraylightmeter

hello. for me, vray update 6 v2, vray light meter says "no v-ray render engine found" when i hit calculate on a vraylightmeter helper object.

the vray render element does seem to work. although i'm not getting accurate results. in the scene i claim are not accurate results, the lights are set up with IES files in a vrayIES light object. they are at the required hights and locations and also orientation.

using 2 RTX GPUs note also that a defualt simple scene 1 box 1 sphere 1 plane with vraysun/sky gives the same error when trying to calculate the lighter meter.

also, for the scene, i'm using a material override and the grey value seems to affect the results of the lightmeter overlay in the render element. is there a common grey value that is used?

Comment

Originally posted by s_gru View Post
      hello. for me, vray update 6 v2, vray light meter says "no v-ray render engine found" when i hit calculate on a vraylightmeter helper object.

the vray render element does seem to work. although i'm not getting accurate results. in the scene i claim are not accurate results, the lights are set up with IES files in a vrayIES light object. they are at the required hights and locations and also orientation.

using 2 RTX GPUs note also that a defualt simple scene 1 box 1 sphere 1 plane with vraysun/sky gives the same error when trying to calculate the lighter meter.
      The VRayLightMeter is not supported in V-Ray GPU, but as you've already found out VRayLightingAnalysis is.​

Originally posted by s_gru View Post
      also, for the scene, i'm using a material override and the grey value seems to affect the results of the lightmeter overlay in the render element. is there a common grey value that is used?
      I'm not sure, but I think that for an adequate analysis the real materials should be used.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

thanks. yeah i think that makes sense that there has to be some type of material it works with. i'll try to find out what the lighting engineers use.

Comment

Working...
        X