Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray GPU & RTX render shadows ignoring Opacity Map

Hello,

I'm having a continued problem trying to use VRAY RTX or CUDA GPU mode (RTX 4090) to render a material with a opacity map. This is a simple vinyl logo applied to a wall or display panel. This renders as expected in CPU mode, where there are no shadows visible from the opacity map as it is sitting just off the surface:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	97
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1206737

Whereas a RTX render shows a faint shadow as if the opacity map is not being correctly read by the RTX engine:

Views:	59
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	1206739

At first I thought this might just be missing the opactiy entirely but offsetting the logo to one side shows the opacity is intact, it's just this logo rectangle plane is dropping a shadow on the surface behind it, which it shouldn't be. Shadow casting turned off, etc.

Views:	59
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	1206740

I believe this has only started happening in VRay 6 for me and was working as expected in VRay 5. However, I cannot go back and check to confirm. Any idea what's going on here?

Thank you for your help.​​

Attached Files

Mind if you send the scene so we can troubleshoot?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Submitted​ ID​ 234450

Thank you.

Comment

Could you send the .max/.ma file instead? It would take ages to debug it from the .vrscene alone.

Comment

Sorry, but I don't use the horrible interfaced and bloatedly inefficent 3DSMax software.

I use FormZ and SketchUp which are much more designer friendly. This particular example was done in FormZ, which I assume isn't going to be something you could debug with? I can recreate it in SketchUp probably if that is better?

Comment

A SketchUp file would be fine.

Comment

Working...
            X