Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayClipper does not clip Forest Pack elements when rendering in VRay GPU

Hi,

I'm working in 3DS Max 2024 with the latest version of VRay.

In my scene, I'm using VRayClipper to create animated reveals of an office building and its surroundings. I have a number of cars in the car park that I've placed using iToo's Forest Pack Pro. When rendering in CPU mode, everything works fine, but I wanted to switch to VRay GPU rendering to speed up my render times, as it's an animation with over 1000 frames. When rendering in VRay GPU, the cars in the car park aren't clipped and remain visible throughout the animation. Is this a known issue, or a bug I've just discovered?

Whilst searching for a post reporting a similar issue, I came across this thread where it's been discovered that VRayClipper renders slower in VRay 6 than it did in VRay 5: https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...-complex-scene. One workaround might be for me to render the frames up until the VRayClipper animations have completed, then delete them from the scene and continue rendering. That's not the best solution, but it might help me get the renders completed for my deadline. That doesn't solve the Forest Pack/VRayClipper/VRay GPU issue, but I'd be interested to know whether it's a known issue and is being looked in to.

All the best,

Andy
    Andy Davenport
    3D Animator|Compositor|VFX Artist
    Glitch VFX Ltd
    www.glitchvfx.com
Working...
X