Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does forestpro edge mode work with RTX GPU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does forestpro edge mode work with RTX GPU?

i tried to set my forest object to edge mode twice. the first time 3ds max locked up. end'd task and re-opened, then set to edge mode and i got a message that edge mode is not supported with this renderer, point mode will be used. then locked up 3ds max 2024 again. is it b/c of CUDA or RTX mode on GPU rendering? i'm not getting any notifications of new versions available for either forestpro or vray. thanks.

just opened another scene and it is RTX but edge mode is working. created a small new test scene of grass on a donut circle and i got the error again when in RTX mode. then switched to CUDA and it worked. hm.

Comment

i think i figured it out. though, i did a new test scene from scratch and got the error.

anyway, on the original production scene i was working on, i had assumed the surface from revit was flat. it was not. it had thickness. so i deleted all the sides and bottom and then switched the to edge mode and no errors and no problems rendering. i'm going to mark this down as that geometry problem -- and it makes sense, how could edge mode work on a 3d object?

Comment

Working...
      X