• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• render doesn't match RT?

Scene set up.
    Open refrigerator
    one vray light in main cavity

vray HDRI studio image in GI and reflection override.
    max environment white.

vray still camera f-6, shutter 30, film 61, length 75.
    other than some shift, it's all default.

Issue: I adjust some of the settings to get the image roughly how I'd want the brightness to look, but when I render it's Really dark. Not even close.

What do you think I'm doing wrong?

A bit hard to tell without the scene; did you use the VRayHDRI or the 3ds Max Bitmap texture for loading the HDRI file?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

yeah, sorry...i'm messing with it with confidential stuff, so no scene today.

It's vrayHDRI, spherical map, overall mult 2, render mult 1, gamma 1

Comment

Well, since the brightness is different, it might one of several things: lights, environment, camera exposure, color mapping.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

right, but since I didn't change anything shouldn't they be the same? I'm just testing this to see if it would work for us. So I used it how I would expect it might help us. Set a scene up using VrayRT to look at how things are changing.
          once I was happy enough with the image I rendered it. The problem was...it wasn't even close.

Am I not using it for it's desired purpose?

Comment

Ideally they should be same, yes. Some differences can be expected because there are some things that we still do not support (see http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/rt10...d_features.htm), or because of the double gamma correction issue mentioned in the other post. What is the particular cause in your scene, I do not know. If you wish, put a box instead of the fridge, get me the scene and I will be able to tell you more. Then you might be able to figure out if this is something that you can use, or maybe not yet.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Legacy sun/sky/camera models was checked

I merged everything into a new scene and set up the render settings again only changing what I wanted. Other than glass casting shadows incorrectly and affecting GI Way too much, it was as expected.

Sorry for the confusion, my fault. So everyone knows at least....you want get correct results if you use the Legacy checkbox. Sucks I guess if you have to match a really old rendering, but if it has to match then you probably don't need RT anyway. eh

Comment

Ok good to know. Maybe there should be a warning about this...

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Working...
                X