Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT crashes constantly

Sorry, I posted it on the general section, should be here:

I dropped my ATI 5750 and installed my wife's GTX470 (1280MB DDR5, 448 CUDA cores) in order to use the RT GPU.
    I am using Max Design 2012 x64, Vray 2.10.01, the Geforce GTX470 is selected as the 1 OpenCL device, but when I try to switch to GPU activeshade, it reports:
    "Translating scene for V-Ray
    Building scene command queue
    Starting local render server
    Waiting for image data"
    and instantly I get the
    "Vray Standalone stopped working" thing....It crashes all the time. I uninstalled everything, reinstalled, restarted, but the problem persists.
    RT CPU works normally and I have the latest NVIDIA drivers installed (275.33)...
    Any thoughts?

Have you tried deleting the *.clbin file in your temporary folder? It might have remained from your previous AMD card and attempting to load it on the nVidia one might be causing the crash.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Valdo,

I have a quadro 5000 using the 275.36 drivers. Im trying to use the gpu (opencl) but i get the same error as above. I've tried to locate the *.clbin file in the temp folder but it's not there -??? any other suggestions?

im using max2012 64bit

Comment

Have you tried older drivers (the last ones I have tried were 270.61)?

As for the .clbin file, the easiest way to go to the temp folder is to open a Windows Explorer window and type %temp% as the folder path - then look for a file named misc_*.clbin

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

I installed the 270.71 drivers and GPU works!

Comment

Ok then; good to know

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

"deleting the clbin file did the trick. Thanks a lot!!!!!"

Hmmmm. Nope, it is the CPU that is working. plus I got another crash the second time I used it.
              Last edited by VISUAL_BYTES; 10-06-2011, 03:11 AM.

Comment

I'm having the same problems with my GTX580 and the 275.33 drivers. Would be nice to use the latest NVIDIA drivers to play games a bit faster... ;o)

edit:
                I tried the drivers 270.61 and now it doesn't crash but it stops at "Building OpenCL trace program..."
                And I was so excited to try GPU rendering with my brand new GTX580... (
                Last edited by 48design; 16-06-2011, 06:20 AM.
                zwischendrin.com - HDRI panoramas, HD textures, stock images, SFX and more

Comment

Working...
                X