RT GPU interactivity, region render problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT GPU interactivity, region render problems

Is anyone else experiencing problems/slow downs with 3.4.02 and region rendering using distributed RT GPU?

Vray won't render the region unless you change something in the scene, or move the cam? Then it just crawls through your selection. I was running 3305 before this and it was very quick to respond the region changes, no mat/light/geo/cam change necessary...

T

Originally posted by mcauleydigital View Post
    Is anyone else experiencing problems/slow downs with 3.4.02 and region rendering using distributed RT GPU?

Vray won't render the region unless you change something in the scene, or move the cam? Then it just crawls through your selection. I was running 3305 before this and it was very quick to respond the region changes, no mat/light/geo/cam change necessary...

T
    I checked the bug report in the support team. It was okay with new scenes ? Have you tried to reset the settings ? Also this can happen if the installed V-Ray versions are different on the node and the client.
    I will ask the support team to setup a similar environment and try to reproduce that in the meantime ...

Sorry for your troubles,
    Best,
    Blago.
    V-Ray fan.
    Looking busy around GPUs ...
    RTX ON

Comment

Thanks Blago, Yes same Vray versions on server & workstation. New scene, old scene, merged scene, GPU, CPU, local or DR all have problems with the region rendering for me. I have a support ticket open but wanted to check here if anyone else had similar issues.

T

Comment

Originally posted by mcauleydigital View Post
        Thanks Blago, Yes same Vray versions on server & workstation. New scene, old scene, merged scene, GPU, CPU, local or DR all have problems with the region rendering for me. I have a support ticket open but wanted to check here if anyone else had similar issues.

T
        Just made a few render tests using the following configuration Max 2016/V-Ray 3.40.02/ Active shade region render / RT CPU and GPU but everything worked fine.

Could you please give me the ticket number you have received from our ticket system. We can log-in remotely to your machine an troubleshoot further if convenient.

Edit: I found the ticket.
        Last edited by tashko.zashev; 28-07-2016, 12:13 AM.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X