CUDA darker than CPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CUDA darker than CPU

I've started testing out Vray RT in full. I'm on Vray 3.30.04 and there is a big difference between Vray RT in CPU and RT in CUDA. What should I be looking for to make these similar? This happens in active shade and in produciton mode. CPU in RT gives me results that are very similar to rendering in normal Vray. Quite honestly, it almost appears than in CUDA mode that GI isn't turned on.

I'm on a GTX 1070.

Figures, I went back to the file to save out some images and now I can't get the error to replicate itself. Though CUDA is now rendering a bit brighter. I suspect this may have something to do with color mapping and something being different in how CUDA works versus CPU and normal Vray?

Click image for larger version

Name:	TESTS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	221.0 KB
ID:	863765

Comment

V-Ray GPU is a different render engine (completely different source, written and optimized for GPUs) and some differences can happen. Can you share the scene so we can check and know for sure what is going on ?

Thanks,
      Best,
      Blago.
      V-Ray fan.
      Looking busy around GPUs ...
      RTX ON

Comment

The goal is to get our team using RT to quickly get their scene lighting established, so it's a hope that there won't be a large difference between RT and standard Vray.

Here is the scene file,
        https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21894525/DINER.zip

Thanks for all the help!

Comment

They should be pretty close in general.

Thanks for the scene, will update you when we know more.

Best,
          Blago.
          V-Ray fan.
          RTX ON

Comment

We checked the scene - the edges tex that you are using is not supported in V-Ray GPU (https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...orted+Features). It is supported for "rounded edges" in bump though.

Also, it seems that the lighting is different because of the max ray intensity settings. We have put a note to check if that is expected ...

Thanks for the report !

Best,
            Blago.
            V-Ray fan.
            RTX ON

Comment

Thanks for checking this out for me! You guys rock.

Comment

Working...
              X