Memory analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory analyzer

I always have the vray message window open and try to check for vram consumption, because I frequently am running out or memory. This said, it is a bit hard to keep track of what consumes how much memory, even though the information is separated into geometry, materials etc. The messages also fly by in high-speed, so checking all the individual textures is impossible. For me it is a tedious task to go through all the textures that I am using to see if I can resize them or so. Sometimes it is better to have bigger textures, sometimes they only need to be small. But even with the mid-mapping option turned on, memory can become an issue.
    It would be a great help if there was a tool to calculate memory usage for a scene and get a table with all the materials, textures, geometry etc used, so I could go in and eliminate the most vram-hungry ones. It would be even better if I wouldnt have to start a rendering for this, but just run the tool and see whats going on, to save time.
    Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
    www.AddYourLight.com
    Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Second this. I feel like a basic breakdown of the scene being rendered would be a huge help. It can be really difficult to find the information that’s useful for optimising when scrolling through the vray message window.
    For example, a more user friendly approach could be something like: When you start a render a window attached to the VFB displays a summary of each category using memory in the scene - geo, mtls etc. these could then be twirled down to view a list of individual objects in order of memory size. Same window could also display some basic stats about the hardware being used for rendering. No of CPU cores/GPUs and load. Ram total and usage.

Comment

would be very helpful
      (along with however redshift can do big scenes)

Comment

Working...
      X