No announcement yet.

Autoswitch to effectsResult (VRay GPU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autoswitch to effectsResult (VRay GPU)

Please add this checkbox to the VRay GPU settings

V-Ray Next GPU does that already. Which V-Ray version you are using ?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi,
      Having a checkbox in GPU would be also useful to stop the auto switch depending on the situation.
      www.salasombath.com

Comment

Yes please. It's annoying having to constantly stop it switching to the effects result.
        Also, don't know how hard it is to do; is it possble to not have the lens effects in with the denoiser as the final effects result please?
        That would of course be for both renderers.
        This is because denoising does not always work out well and it's good to have both options I think, especially as a client option.
        https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Yes please, the VFB automatically switches to the effects result when resizing the ipr. This is still the case in Update 3.1

+1 for having the lens effect on the rgb or separate render element w/o the denoised results. I know you have the glare render element but that cannot be composited in PS and get the same results out of the VFB, unless I missing something.

Comment

We already have a request logged for the 'Autoswitch to effectsResult' for V-Ray GPU, I'll raise its priority additionally.

Regarding the lens effects - you can separate the effect in an element of its own with the 'Mode' option set to 'Render element only'. The comp matches the effectsResult exactly when composited in both Photoshop (using the Linear Dodge (Add) blending mode) and Nuke (merging with plus).
            Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com

Comment

I'm afk at the moment so cannot check, but doesn't that mean lens effects can't be seen overlaid on the image - only as an element? In which case I'd say it's not that useful, as we'd need to constantly iterate/composite.
              What would be ideal is to have the ability to choose what overlays are viewable in the VFB, so a choice of all, some or none of those available, like the pre-existing image adjustments allow.
              https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

The lens effects can be overlaid on the image (RGB) and the result is the effectsResult channel. The 'Mode' option controls where the lens effects are stored - in the Image (effectsResult), in a separate element (Glare) or both. Also, you can have the denoised image in a separate element (VRayDenoiser) or generate only the utility elements for use in the standalone denoiser tool (vdenoise.exe), which can also apply lens effects (how-to). Having these options grants the needed control, though it may not be as intuitive as a simple checkbox for effects application.
                Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com

Comment

Can confirm Linear Dodge in photoshop works pretty well. At least in 16bit.

Comment

Working...
                  X