Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add ability to change camera in the Frame Buffer

Hi guys,

I was wondering if it'd be possible for you add an option in the frame buffer for users to instantly switch between cameras?

I find that a lot of the time Maya and Vray doesn't necessarily always render the camera that you are looking through in the main viewport, even if you have selected it, clicked in the viewport, etc. So when I hit IPR render or render, V-Ray ends up rendering the wrong camera, meaning that I have to stop and wait for the correct view to be loaded into the GPU.

You can already do this with IPR renders, they added this functionality with the update to Next I think. Just right click the IPR button in the VFB and select the camera you want to switch to and it will automatically update. Can't do it with a regular render but that kinda makes sense. For regular still renders in Maya I've just gotten into the habit of always right clicking the VFB render button and selecting my camera cos Maya so often gets it wrong. Hope that helps

Comment

Fair enough, I didn't know you could right-click the IPR button to select the camera. Cheers for the tip! It is a pain how often Maya gets it wrong, you think you've done everything to make sure it'll render the right camera then as soon as the light cache appears it's like damn, not again! :/

Comment

Agreed! I think that's classic Maya UI stuff though hey. Sometimes feels like you're dragging a pile of rocks just to do something simple.

Comment

I can't tell you how many times I have crashed Maya using the two frame buffers, they DO NOT work well together. Typically, I'm working as fast as I can, and while a render is continuing, I will select something that changes what that render should be doing (not realizing that it is still rendering), and BAM, crashed Maya. Sometimes, it comes back with my crashed file, sometimes not. It's a real pain. I'd rather just have all the functionality I need in one window, and since I'm using V-Ray, how 'bout it?

- Jim

Comment

Working...
          X