photoshop integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photoshop integration

ok bear with me, this is probably impossible.

i would LOVE the ability to define a layer in a photoshop comp as a vray RT ipr output. That way i can tweak in max, and see the result in realtime, in-comp in photoshop.

at the moment im posing 3d characters to provide realistic shadows under the feet of 2d cutout people. its got to be super precise. theres an awful lot of guesswork. if i could watch the shadows in photoshop under the person layer, it wopuld save a heap of time. im sure there are a million other uses too..

so, now ive proposed it.. im sure we can expect it next week from chaos? please?

Not addressing your request, but you could save your image out with the people on and camera project it onto the floor in max.

Comment

Maybe work the other way? Load the photoshop image (or a jpg copy) in to the VFB as a background image.
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Or if you save as a format with an alpha, you can turn on a foreground option in the background image to have your people over the render in the vfb?

Comment

How about this?
          https://exchange.adobe.com/creativec...91.shadow.html

Or you need even MORE precise?

It can also do reflection:
          https://d2i0awu7puyonj.cloudfront.ne...3f76be61de.jpg
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

ha.. thanks for all the suggestions.. particularly the one about setting a vfb image as foreground with alpha.. i didnt know you could use alpha on those images! that will probably be perfect.

regarding the photoshop shadows, that wont fly unfortunately, the shadows have to be the ones from my multiple massive area lights, and dome light.

Comment

Working...
            X