Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for Phoenix Ocean Map

Hi there,

It would be so nice if PhoenixFD Ocean Text map would also be supported by Vray GPU.

Thanks!

Hi...
    Are there any plans to make this map supported by Vray GPU please?

Comment

It'll work using the pluginnodetex
      https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Originally posted by fixeighted View Post
        It'll work using the pluginnodetex
        Oww, hey there. I didn't know that. I haven't used Vray in ages. Thanks man, I will check it out

Comment

In Max you'll need to make sure you set it as 3D (It'll still work as a bump if you leave it as 2D), right at the top of the rollout, plus change the vector up node to 0

Comment

Hi, thanks for the info. Is there anything else I should do? I get a really broken weird results. I've set the map as 3d and vector up node to 0 but it doesn't seem to work.
            Thanks again!

Comment

It did confuse me initially but here are the settings I used. Good enough starting point I hope
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi and thanks for looking into this man. I've tried this but it is fantastically slow, there's definitely something not right with it as compared to use the normal map via CPU based renders. Can anyone please confirm or not if this map(FD OceanTex) will be available for vray gpu? The lack of support is extremely problematic sadly So I know if I keep looking at Vray GPU or not and move on. This is a deal breaker for me. Thanks...

Comment

Hey,

Yes, it is in the to do list to support the Phoenix Ocean Texture with V-Ray GPU. Will add one more vote for it our system and bump its priority.

We'll update this thread once we have some progress on that.

Thank you!
                  Georgi Zhekov
                  Phoenix Product Manager
                  Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by georgi.zhekov View Post
                    Hey,

Yes, it is in the to do list to support the Phoenix Ocean Texture with V-Ray GPU. Will add one more vote for it our system and bump its priority.

We'll update this thread once we have some progress on that.

Thank you!
                    Thank you very much for getting back to this. I really want to switch to Vray GPU as fast as possible. Thanks again!
                    Last edited by flaviuscristea; 24-11-2020, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Hi there...I assume the support for Vray GPU is still not in? Is this very difficult to implement? Or nobody else needs this?
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by flaviuscristea View Post
                        Hi there...I assume the support for Vray GPU is still not in? Is this very difficult to implement? Or nobody else needs this?
                        Thanks
                        Hey,

Using the latest V-Ray 5 you should be able to use the Phoenix Ocean texture as a displacement when rendering with V-Ray GPU. Should be working correctly with both Phoenix Simulator or as a map for V-Ray Dispacement Modifier.
                        Let us know if you have any issues with it.

Thanks!
                        Georgi Zhekov
                        Phoenix Product Manager
                        Chaos

Comment

Hi there,

I had some time to look into this now. This is the latest Vray. So it works on a small 10x10m plane but when I make the plane 100x100m it doesn't look correct. I restarted the render, reset the settings and I still get that. Plus the warning is still there. I simply plugged in the Phoenix Ocean map into the Vray disp mode. It gave me a message that it recognises the map and will put the appropiate settings. Please let me know if I am doing something incorrect or there is something wrong. Thank you

Comment

You make a plane 10x10m, apply the displacement and it works, then you just scale the plane and it doesn't? Are there any other steps?

Can you send over the scene so we can check what is going on?

Thanks!
                            Georgi Zhekov
                            Phoenix Product Manager
                            Chaos

Comment

Hi,
                              any development on this issue?
                              I'm facing similar results as flaviuscristea: the big surface is not rendered at all saying that the displacement it's not GPU supported, the smaller 10x10m plane is rendered weird.

There is no phoenix fd simulation involved, onnly a modified plane, to adapt the shape to the view, with a water material and the oceanTex with VrayDisplacementMod applied. The sea plane is quite big, about 4700x3600 meters.

As a yacht design company this is a huge deal.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X