Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTX on Mac with Distributed Rendering

Hi,

I'm pretty sure I used to be able to select V-Ray GPU with RTX mode on my Mac for Distributed rendering when setting the VRAY_MAC_GPU environment variable (I run a Apple Silicon Mac Studio Ultra).
    Unfortunately, with the latest version of V-Ray for Maya (6.0 Update 1), if I pick RTX, it always fallback to CUDA on the Windows machine I use as server for rendering.
    Any chance to allow RTX mode from a Mac? That is a killer feature for Macs out there that can't use Nvidia cards.

Thanks

Hi, this issue has been progressing trough the ticketing system.
    V-Ray GPU macOS devices is no longer supported by default. The advanced users can bring back the old behaviour by using this environment variable VRAY_MAC_GPU with a value 1
    ​​Do that at your own risk!​

ThIs setup works for distributed rendering as tested in our office.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I know but the problem is that even with this environment variable (which I have already set), no matter whether I pick RTX or CUDA, it always fallback to CUDA on the server side. I would love to take full advantage of my RTX 4090 via distributed rendering from the Mac.

Comment

Hi if you can see the GPU settings in Maya on your Mac then the environment variable is working. From there you have to choose RTX and remove the Mac from the distributed rendering list (disable "use local machine" checkbox) before sending the job.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	maya_2023-06-09_15-03-18.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	1183114
        Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X