AGX Color space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGX Color space

Can we expect to see the implementation of the AGX color space?

it’s a tone mapper, not a colour space.
    use ocio to try AgX in Vray.
    Marcin Piotrowski
    youtube

Comment

My mistake didn't realize it was a transform not a colour space. I will try using OCIO thanks!

Comment

I mean it's nothing more than a tone mapper within restrictions of VRay's VFB2 as OCIO support is limited (just one transform on top of the stack).

In the context of something more capable AgX has much more to offer. It's all rec709 colour space but you have AgX Kraken - a log-like encoding/transform/working colour space (I'm not even sure about most common nomenclature currently) with AgX's "secret" sauce, a colour matrix; AgX Base - something more "final" looking than Kraken log (you can probably make a fairly close comparison with good old exponential colour mapping of early VRay, colours fit your display but need a contrast curve to look good. On top of AgX Base you get "looks" (at the moment as CDL transforms, at least in the original ocio config).

search for "AgX Troy James Sobotka" for proper context, I've seen the usual misinformation on youtube.
        Marcin Piotrowski
        youtube

Comment

Am i setting this up correctly? I'm getting a widely different result with AgX than ACES.

This first image is ACES, second is AgX.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ACES_01.png
Views:	1400
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	1192439

Click image for larger version

Name:	AgX_01.png
Views:	1434
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	1192441

Attached Files

Comment

your input should be acescg or bt709 if this is render from vray.

for acescg you need a different ocio config (from github, forked from Sobotka’s).

or you can render acescg and use this setup (works with the ocio config you have):
            https://forums.chaos.com/forum/chaos...ith-agx-on-top

Marcin Piotrowski
            youtube

Comment

Working...
            X