A better Demo version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A better Demo version

I think its been mentioned before quite a few times, but there really needs to be a MUCH better demo in order to assess if VrayRT is a worthy investment. At the moment, the limitations are far far far too severe.

C'mon ChaosGroup - you've clearly created a stunning bit of software. Now let us test it properly!
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

Theres nothing wrong with the limitations - just merge your objects into one big mesh.

You can change materials, move around it, adjust lighting - but cant edit the model. What else would you like to do?
    I think it's pretty reasonable for a demo.

Comment

Fair point, but 180 seconds at 320x240 resolution??? We run 30" HP panels so we'll barely see what is happening or it'll be hidden behind my last sneeze. When we eventually do find it, it will disappear!

The limit of 2 machines is not great. We'd want to see it across 10 render slaves and blow our minds! That will really show us the power of the system.

This ain't a reasonable demo in my honest opinion. (maybe I'm just having a bad day!)
      Kind Regards,
      Richard Birket
      http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Fair points - I forgot about those ones. Upping the DR limit would be pretty cool.

Comment

We are aware that the demo version is limited and we might be able to put up a more functional demo version in the future; in the mean time a fully functional evaluation version is available only upon request on case-by-case basis.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Wonderful, Vlado!
            We really need the fully functional evaluation version. How can we get one?

Seishi
            Seishi Unuma
            Takenaka Corp.
            Tokyo, Japan

Comment

Please email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com for more information.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I decided to purchase VrayRT after having viewed this demo:

http://software.asgvis.com/index.php...282&Itemid=417

because I have a renderfarm...

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
                  ...We run 30" HP panels so we'll barely see what is happening or it'll be hidden behind my last sneeze...
                  Just put your resolution at 1024x768 and you'll be amazed how large 320x240 is. Especially on 30" screens

Comment

Working...
                  X