RT FTP Streaming/Uploader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT FTP Streaming/Uploader

I was just thinking about an additional tool - it would be cool if RT had the ability to upload certain frames saved out to a .jpg after x amount of time through FTP to a directory you would choose.

That way a client could review a scene while you look through it.

You could specify how frequently it saves out a .jpg, how frequently it deletes the previous frame, the size, and the quality of those .jpgs.

The controls would appear under the ActiveShade Vray setup panels.

Maybe this tool also could apply to regular rendering itself as well - this way you could check progress on a smart phone or remotely via the web in case you're not at your workstation/servers.

Of course, this is way down on the list of wishes, and really don't think it's anything important per se. But I thought I'd throw the idea out there as it would be kind of cool.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

PD player has something like your second point for checking progress - only difference is it doesnt handle the rendering.

You can have it link up some web feedback to a particular path, and get it to auto add frames as they get rendered. I imagine viewing this on a smartphone/pda would work.

It's quite good.

Comment

Isn't PD Player more of a VFX/compositing tool? I really wouldn't need something like that.

Something built into Vray/VrayRT would be useful too.
      LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

We can maybe implement it in the same way as with PDPlayer - by connecting through a browser to a specified port on the machine.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I'd just use a standard web conferencing application to share your display with other clients, like Live Meeting or even Remote Desktop... which could benefit your client in more ways then just showing what Vray alone can do..

Comment

Working...
          X