v-ray sp = rt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v-ray sp = rt

hey is it possible when working in RT, to use those settings to get exact image in production vray? sometimes i feel like RT gives me highquality in less time than production renderer...

very often it looks different for me,

would it also be possible to use differnet production GI settings in RT ?

V-Ray RT always uses brute force for GI; while the production V-Ray typically uses light cache and irradiance map, which may give you differences in the lighting. Since the idea of V-Ray RT is to give immediate feedback, it does not have the option of doing prepass, precalculations etc like the production renderer.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado will the GPU version of Vray be able to output high resolution versions of stills and animations so we don't have to deal with the discrepancy of the different engines?

Comment

Yes; the final image is not kept in the GPU anyways, so it can be quite large.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Is there a size limit for a still image? With enough GPU's will we be able to produce animations at 30 FPS in HD?

Comment

Originally posted by devin View Post
            Is there a size limit for a still image?
            Not as such, but there must be a large enough memory chunk to hold the image.
            With enough GPU's will we be able to produce animations at 30 FPS in HD?
            There are serveral things to this:
            a) You cannot write 30 uncompressed HD frames per second to the disk even if you could render them;
            b) It depends on what changes from one frame to another in the animation - if any geometry or materials are changed, it will take some time to upload the new information to the GPUs;
            c) It depends on what quality (noise) you want for those frames.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

I see, so we'll still have to depend on traditional rendering techniques at least for animations?

Comment

Working...
              X