Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayBmpSize

Hey there,

I'm not sure if I need to post the request here or in the Production render, because it's actually a idea for both, but RT would maybe benefit more...

The whole concept is to create a new map/node that resize and rasterize.
    It would be something like this :
    Click image for larger version

Name:	VrayBmpSize.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	877398

(I hope you like my photoshop skills btw )

But yeah, it would be really handy for several reasons :

1) When having a project that become bigger and bigger, a lot of the times we started with high ress textures and at some point in the production (specially at the end when we rendering final output with short deadlines) the textures are taking too much ram.
    It would be great to just copy/past that nodes to be able to render again on low ram nodes. Going in the project and manually re-size is a pain and take a lot of man power/hours where just adding a node take seconds. (specially when using multi textures or VP XMap or any other script that loads 30 textures at the same time.)
    This could be useful for RT and the production renderer.

2) It would put a final end to all the requests about all the textures/maps/procedural maps/scripts/plugins/... that RT is not handling and that makes us loosing a LOT of time trying to by pass only to be able to use RT (cpu/gpu).

I don't know how difficult this is, but I know that I had that though yesterday ight, and since then, it seems like I couldn't already live without this...

Thanks,

Stan
    3LP Team

Why don't you simply use the 3ds Max Bitmap Proxies system? They do just that and they work fine in both the production renderer and V-Ray RT.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

Well referring to the 1 and 2 from above:

1) bitmap proxies system is working on all the textures of the scene at once, without giving you the option of exclude.
      I think it would be easier to have the reverse and work only on the one we know can be scaled down and keep the one we need high ress...

2) And, does this mean that with the bitmap proxy system enable, all the procedural-maps/ scripts-maps (multi-texture/VP Xmap/K_ColorVariator/Bercon/etc) are working in RT? CPU and GPU?

Thanks,

Stan
      3LP Team

Comment

Working...
      X