Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi Cam - Split Rendering

Hey there,

I'm not sure if I need to post this here or in the normal production render which list or in Vray 3 section, but :

We are often in the process of doing multiple camera views for the same project, and often we need to tweak the lighting to be able to see how it react from multiple camera views, or from the start and the end frame of a camera path (with multiple key frames in the middle).

I was wondering if it was possible to have a way to tell VRay to split render or render few camera at the same time.

So if we had a multi cam render with the renders stacking vertically or horizontally (or in square if using 4 cams etc) when a change is applied, it updates straight in the x camera renders.
    This is specially useful when moving a sun around for example or when I'm going out for lunch and I just want to let the 6 or 8 camera render at the same time and they would be all rendered proportionally when I come back.

This could actually apply for the production render of Vray 3 as well but we would have more use of it as part of RT in the first stage.

I already used the progressive render from Vray 3 to render several final high ress images at the same time.
    Just loaded 6 or 8 max at the same time, hit render, and let it go for 1-2-3 days, depending. This is way easier to manage than trying to know from the start how much each render needs to take, because depending on few factors, sometimes you need to send stuff out after x amount of time, but sometimes you can actually let thing go for another x amount of time. In those two situation, it would have been hard to predict how much time each render needs to take from the start.
    And luckily I do have 64 Go of ram so I can start few instances of max and render out, but for bigger scenes, if those camera could also share the ram usage it would be even better

So I guess there are a lot of different reasons why this would be really useful, going from a simple tweaking to a final render, we would benefit from this feature on the whole pipeline...

I hope this make sense,

Thanks

Stan
    3LP Team

Sounds good here, if possible...
    +1

Comment

Well I think it's not impossible, I thought I read something similar few years ago where people where deriving stereoscopic render that way, but it was only working for 1 cams mimicking 2 cams and not a lot of control.

Stan
      3LP Team

Comment

Working...
      X