Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long loading times for GPU rendering

Hi

Will there be focus on reducing loading times to VFB when doing GPU rendering.?
    www.3D-Vizual.dk

Yes, there is a lot of room for optimization there. As always, if you can provide specific scenes that are slow, it will be very very useful.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado

its actually generally I think it takes some time to load, even though I have 3 GPU's in the system.

I actually testet a scene with Peter Guthrie's Brute Force settings found here: http://www.peterguthrie.net/blog/?category=tutorial

And I made simillar test with GPU rendering to compare how long time it took to get about same result. I was supprised that it took 33 min. with PG's settings and 26 min. with only GPU rendering for a 2K image.

I have 3 Quadro K6000 in the system, and was very supprised that there where no bigger difference in time. Why is that.?

Ps.: I have just send the same scene to support, because of a bug in the GPU rendering.
      www.3D-Vizual.dk

Comment

In the blog page, Peter Guthrie mentions that he uses the light cache as a secondary GI engine. This helps a lot for the CPU render, but is not yet supported by V-Ray RT GPU in the current official builds. This is the main difference. The next big SP of V-Ray for 3ds Max does include support for the light cache on the GPU and it does actually render quite a bit faster than the CPU.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

ok, thanks for info. Looking forward to test.
          www.3D-Vizual.dk

Comment

Working...
          X