Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT GPU Production : Resume capabilities

Hi,

I would like to know if there was any plans on having resume render capabilities.
    For now, we can send renders with a time limit and have the image saved.
    Once that's done, if we want to render that same image in a better quality, we need to reprocess everything who has already be computer computed once before.
    IE : It would be great if there was a check-box somewhere (general tab?) that would say "resume last render". If this is checked, it would load the *.exr corresponding to the output path and resume the render from there and carry on. And if no file, just start a fresh one as usual.

I kind of already asked this before but I'm still dreaming of it nearly every day, so I'm just hoping.

Cheers

Stan

EDIT : Thinking of it, this could be moved in the normal which-list as it would be a great addition to the production progressive render as well
    3LP Team

This is on the "to do" list... however I don't think this will be an EXR file, more likely .vrimg...

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hey Vlado, VRImg is fine. But it would be great to have a automatically saved image in another format. Maybe a dual output?

I mean, if we have a animation, or even a still, we do not want to have to manually extract exr (or other) from the VRimg every-time.

Doesn't work well in a production with multiple ppl working on a job where you send a render at night and someone else picks it up in the morning. When loading the comp soft, it needs to be straight the new render without manual intervention otherwise the comper will more than likely work on the old image because he don't even know I updated the frames in the meantime.

I guess my point is : having a VRimg in the folder as a temp container image is fine, but we need to have the final images always directly available

I hope this one is not to far in the queue

Cheers

Stan
      3LP Team

Comment

Working...
      X