Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray RT GPU : Unlimited PPP

Hi,

Now that the Max noise threshold is working properly, I need to manually raise the Max PPP to 10000000 to make sure it doesn't clamp the render.
    The default of 0 will revert to 64 once the render starts and I find myself having to send the renders again.

Would it be possible to either modify the 0 to be unlimited once the max time or the max noise are set, or add a checkbox to near each of those settings to just be able to unable them or not?
    Or any other option that would make the workflow easier

Little things but useful on a daily base

Cheers

Stan
    3LP Team

Actually, thinking of it,
    I have parts in my scene where the noise doesn't seems to change but the PPP never stops and go through the roof.
    So bottleneck it at 20k PPP makes a big difference in render-times.

Maybe the only thing that bother me is the fact of having 0 changing automatically to 64 where it could be unlimited (if you wish, the same way as 0 in time or noise make it goes unlimited as well) , but having the ability to clamp the render through the max PPP is still helping a lot.

Stan
    3LP Team

Comment

Hello,

Currently we set the "Max paths/pixel" to 64 when both "Max paths/pixel" and "Max time" are 0 so that we don't render infinitely.
      Maybe we should add a check for the "Max. noise" too - if it is not 0 we can leave the other two 0 ?

Best regards,
      Yavor
      Yavor Rubenov
      V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
        Currently we set the "Max paths/pixel" to 64 when both "Max paths/pixel" and "Max time" are 0 so that we don't render infinitely.
        Honestly, I do not see where this is an issue. I'm sure anyone who mistakenly renders "indefinitely" will figure it out soon enough! If it worked like the Active Shade Mode, then it would be just fine I would think...

-Alan

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
          Hello,

Maybe we should add a check for the "Max. noise" too - if it is not 0 we can leave the other two 0 ?

Best regards,
          Yavor
          Yes this would be great.
          Now that the noise threshold work well, I'd like to be able to only set that settings and leave both of the others at 0.

Cheers
          3LP Team

Comment

I really dont care if it renders indefinitely. RT is far from production ready and I mainly use it for preview purposes, setting up renders, adjusting the more simple shaders and it's perfect for that.
            What I hate is having to restart RT just because I left it running accidentally while talking to someone or thinking about something. For Me I literally see no reason the force a render end.
            Software:
            Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
            3ds Max 2016 SP4
            V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
            Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
            64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Working...
            X