TriPlanar mode: Integrate options from VrayTriplanarTex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TriPlanar mode: Integrate options from VrayTriplanarTex

I wish we hade the blend, offset and rotation parameters from VrayTriplanarTex in the VrScans . Right now you can sometimes see the borders on heavily curved parts of geometry. Especially the blend parameters can be very useful to hide the seems you sometimes get. Right now I feel the Triplanar option is some simple box mapping, which is not the idea behind Triplanar...
    Is there a way to do this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	triplanar.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	1001853

Regards

Oliver
    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

As i remember you are working with an intermediate build, that is somewhere between 3.6 and 4, currently there are random offset and rotation options, for constant offset and rotation you can use the usual way, also the curvature issue is fixed, the blend zone is measured in uv length, not by angle as before, ensuring equal blend zone for all curvatures. The size of the blend zone is better to be as in the material (i mean the left-righ and up-down borders) , it's strange to have different blend zones for the triplanar and for the material.
    in general we try to keep the interface as simple as possible, i would prefer to have separate general purpose plugin for triplanar mapping that works with all materials, instead to embedd it in the vrscan plugin.
    About "I feel the Triplanar option is some simple box mapping, which is not the idea behind Triplanar..." - yes, it really is, but actually exactly this is the idea. In your version there is not exact matching between our and vray triplanar, but this was fixed and currently they are equal,

Comment

Oh, I see. So ignore my last post then, will check it out in V-Ray Next.
      https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

A triplanar plugin would be cool but I wouldn't mind to have more options in the VRScans interface
        ​​​​​​It's just a matter of what can be coded faster.
        Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
        www.AddYourLight.com
        Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

Working...
        X