Triplanar Offset seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triplanar Offset seed

I am using fabric scans for a couch and because the scanned area is so small one can begin to see patterns. Now I am using random offset with the triplanar option, so the direction of the fabric is always the same, but I have some variation, depending on the angle. But the pattern is visible on broader areas. Could a seed option for random offset on different objects be implemented, please? if the scanned area would be broader, it wouldnt be such a big problem, but these patterns take away the believeability of the material.
    Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
    www.AddYourLight.com
    Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

you are probably better off using poplin texture mask and mixing 3 materials inside of that.
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Is that a regular Max material or so? Never heard of it
      Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
      www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

I'm not sure that the seed of the triplanar is the problem., the seed changes form object to object, but remains the same in single object, so if your couch is big enough and is single object, the random offset can't help you
        if you are using vray next, there is a better solution for this problem - the "runtime extending". This feature allows to rearrange the "bricks" of the sample in a random way in ordero to avoid the repeated patterns.
        The runtime extending is not kind of hidden option, so there is no way to enable it by a magic script words, it requires some build-time calculation stages, so we have to get your material, do some magics, and return it back to you.
        So, if you want to try this solution, tell me which material is it, and where to upload the modified copy with RTE enabled

Comment

I actually have the couch separated into different parts/cushions so thats why I thought that changing seed for the offset would help. I tried making different materials and a coordinates offset, but that didnt seem to be applied.
          the scans name is ft0020_s
          thanks for helping me!
          a place to upload? I could share a folder on google drive with you, but wouldnt it be more convenient if you used your own FTP?
          www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

I just wanted to check with you how fast you can send me the edited scan. Kind of on a tight schedule here. Thank you.
            www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

it's ready, send me an invitation to gdrive folder

Comment

What's your email address, please?
                www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

ivaylo.katev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

sent! thank you a lot!
                    www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

thank you.
                      is there something I have to do?
                      The size seems different from the original.
                      I used the original with tiling settings of 0.65 and rotation of 45 to match the pattern of the real couch.
                      now everything seems off and I see only tiling.
                      I even have to set the rotation back to 0.
                      if I turn up the tiling size, the texture detail is gone, if I turn it further down the pattern is too large and there is even more tiling to be seen.
                      www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Yse, if you are not using triplanar, the uv setup must be rearranged, the best way is to use the "adjust UV tiling" function
                        But to be honest i even can't recognize the material on these shots, perhaps the color is changed, but the pattern of the third image is strange, perhaps this is kind of closeup view of the material
                        Are you sure thet you render with VRay Next? if you render this material with 3.6, the sample size is only 1.5 cm and there vill be well pronounced tiling. The RTE technique makes the effective sample size infinite, but the tiles in the first image can't be explained in this case.

Comment

Yes, I changed the color. The first image is the size I am aiming for. With these different settings I cant find a setting that comes close to it. The adjustet UV tiling goes up to 30, which takes away all the details... with the original material I had it at 0.65, so I wonder why that would change...
                          I am definitely using vnext. let me try the newest nightly though..
                          www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Can you prepare simple scene (the couch only) and send it to me? (max 2017 )

Comment

sent to your email.
                              thanks
                              www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Working...
                              X