Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scans are not working in Cinema 2023 with V-Ray CUDA or RTX renderer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scans are not working in Cinema 2023 with V-Ray CUDA or RTX renderer?

Hi guys!
    I have a problem with the SCANS Materials. I just wanted to put a material onto a simple object.
    Using the CUDA renderer, I could not adjust the tiles but this works normal with the simple V-Ray render engine.
    No chance to make any adjustments.

Pls take a look @ the pics:

With CUDA:

​​Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	117
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	1169669

Without CUDA:

Click image for larger version  Name:	L0osZ6rWNQLbVdwa.png Views:	0 Size:	254.8 KB ID:	1169665

Is there any setting I could try out to make the scans materials work with CUDA?

Thanks for your help,
    Guido​​
    Last edited by guido_perk; 09-01-2023, 12:30 PM.

Hi Guido,
    i'm not familiar with Cinema, but in all the implementations (except for Max) the tiling is controlled by two different ways: by a param named "tiling factor" and by the general purpose mapping control specific for the software. The "tiling factor" is just one number affecting both the scales, so it's appropriate only for fast scale change, but not for aspect adjustment .Which parameter are you using and is the other one working or both of them are ignored in CUDA?

Comment

Hi Ivaylo!
      Thanks for your answer.
      I tested again, befrore I worte that it works - it doesnt.
      On my object I need 20 times more U than V (100% - 5%) to look good. Its a simple sweep object (an edited circle on a circle).
      The tiling 1:1 doesnt give me the result I am expecting ...

Any idea?
      Thanks!
      Last edited by guido_perk; 15-01-2023, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Hi Guido,
        apparently this i a specific and known issue of the c4d integration, so hopefully will be resolved soon.

Comment

Hello guido_perk,

Please note that this issue has been fixed and the fix is now available in our latest stable build. You can download and install it from here.

Should you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to let us know.
          Aleksandar Kasabov
          chaos.com

Comment

Working...
          X