Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray scans - character project

Hello,

I have a character I am making and she has many materials like, clothing, skin, makeup, hair.

Can I send Vray a bunch of material samples for scanning?

Can the scanner scan the BRDF and properties of makeup?

Also can it scan hair fibers?

Imagine that you just want the BRDF model so you just load a VrayBRDF node and plug it into a VRay material in the BRDF hole. Would this also be a good idea?

Or imagine that you have a V-Ray material and in the section where you chose a BRDF there is a drop down with common materials BRDFs ?

Thanks.

~ V-Ray is the best
    Last edited by stevejjd; 11-01-2017, 05:10 PM.

The scanner is good for fabrics, bot not for hair, you have to use the VRay tools for hair

Comment

Originally posted by stevejjd View Post
      Hello,

I have a character I am making and she has many materials like, clothing, skin, makeup, hair.

Can I send Vray a bunch of material samples for scanning?

Can the scanner scan the BRDF and properties of makeup?

Also can it scan hair fibers?

Imagine that you just want the BRDF model so you just load a VrayBRDF node and plug it into a VRay material in the BRDF hole. Would this also be a good idea?

Or imagine that you have a V-Ray material and in the section where you chose a BRDF there is a drop down with common materials BRDFs ?

Thanks.

~ V-Ray is the best
      Hi man,

Can you please contact us at vrscans@chaosgroup.com in order to dicuss your project in details and how we can help with it.

Cheers,
      Dinko
      Dinko Dimitrov
      VP VRscans
      Chaos Software

Comment

Working...
      X