Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRscans material browser

Hi,

the current approach for the vrscans download library in general is not bad, but I find it pretty cumbersome to go through all the materials, maybe check the different preview renderings and then download them.

It would be great if you could streamline the whole thing a little bit and make finding materials even more easy.

-Was thinking of different list views, out of which to choose from, with smaller thumbnails that maybe you can click and different material previews open in a lightbox or so.
    -the "new" button is cute but I need a date if I really want to check what is new for me.
    -sometime more descriptive titles or descriptions of the materials would help too. Sometimes e.g. when the material title is foil I am not sure what you actually mean. Sometimes it actually looks like foil, sometimes like plastic or car wheel foil material. Of course I could just choose by the looks but since we are talking about actual real materials it would be great to know what they exactly are
    -last point also includes adding more tags to the material which would make going through the library easier
    -less scrolling would be glorious. even choosing categories makes scroll a lot and takes up too much my time

in the end maybe you can code a pipeline straight from vray and the material editor in 3ds max to the downloads, so one could choose and download from within 3ds max straight into the render. but thats not as an important request as just a neat idea I would dig.

cheers

Manuel
    Last edited by MANUEL_MOUSIOL; 23-02-2018, 04:27 AM.
    Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
    www.AddYourLight.com
    Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Hi Manuel,

Thanks a lot for your feedback, it is very valuable for us and confirms our direction of developing the library.
    We will certainly take this into consideration and will try to bring better user experience.

Best regards,
    Dinko
    Dinko Dimitrov
    VP VRscans
    Chaos Software

Comment

Maybe something similar to the Substance Source site would be great. IMHO the material library should be visible without a login. Like in Substance. Sometimes I just want to browse the material library on the iPad or so. Just my thought.

Comment

sounds reasonable, really if every one is able to see the materials, perhaps the number of the tempted to try them would increase

Comment

Working...
        X