I can't save in material library.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't save in material library.

Is it possible to save the materials I have used in a new bookstore? every time i want to use a material, do i have to carry it? For me, when trying to save I get the message that it is read-only.

What you mean with "save", to copy it into new location?

Comment

When I load a Vray Scan Material in a scene, at this screen, and open another scene, the material isn't available at the other scene for use.
      There is any way to let the materials I used in one scene at this screen for all the scenes that I will work in the future?
      Attached Files

Comment

I think you are in the wrong forum section, apparently you are using the vray asset library provided with the installation. This section is for vrscan materials (the file extension is vrscan), this is special scanned format with own shader, able to handle materials with complex appearance (holograms, carpaints, fabrics, etc)

Comment

So, the problem is the following:

I open the Material editor to open the VRSCAN and I use the right material on the map Browser (Image 1)

When I open it, the material list I do select the VRSCAN and I open the right file extension

Then I want to drag'n'drop on my library (images 2 and 3)

I can do this, the material effectively goes to my library, but then when I open another project, the material isn't there since I can't save it inside my library to use in another projects as I do with other materials (image 4)

Bests
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure that the problem is vrscans related, but what if you go to the path reported in the message, right click on the .mat file,and remove the read only property, this is common Windows functionality.

Comment

I checked, everything is OK.
              I may be doing something wrong, for example, I have not installed any Vrayscan application itself ...
              I just downloaded the material from the chaos website and loaded it into the slot.
              Attached Files

Comment

No need to download any app software, the plugin that deals with vrscan files is delivered with vray, and apparently is working properly, the , material is rendered correctly on the shaderball.
                The functionality you need is not ours, itssome 3ds max new feature, perhaps there is an option to disable the changes in the .mat files, and you have accidently activated it.
                Anyway, the vrscans are not requiring any special setup so just create them again in the new project, instead using the .lib files to transfer them

Comment

Working...
                X