Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seamless or not seamless?

Hello,
    Vray scanned material is promoted as seamless tillable material but I got a clear visible junction on a very simple lathe geometry.
    What should be tune to get it tillable?
    Thanks

Hi, can you tell which material exactly is this?

Comment

It's aluminium_gloss_brushed.vrscan

Comment

I downloaded and tested it but was unable to reproduce the problem, so if it's possible send the scene to the support.
        One possibility is that you have accidently activated a hidden option called "disable enlargement", this option is used only for debug purposes, and should be not used for production. To check this you have to reproduce the tiling over larger surface, i mean large enough to measure the tilling distance, if the above mentioned option is activated, the tilling distance will be about 18mm, if is not, the distance will be 12 cm.

Btw, just a hint - if you have no closeup rendering (i.e the individual brush scratches are not visible), such tilling issues can be easily workarounded by setting the "Plain Material Strategy" option to "Average BRDF"

Comment

It just a spline (adaptive path) + lathe modifier, with default max UVW, nothing more. Size 40cm diameter. Purpose of Vrayscan material is to make close up render, for far away render old school mat is good enough!
          What about being able to add micro-scratch to highlight area with vrayscan? Any progress on that or workaround?

Hi Guys, I'm trying to make a car paint shader with fine "Spiderweb scratches". I also want to make scratched metals. I saw that there is a Stochastic

Comment

Can you make very simple test - replace the vrscan material with simple vray reflective glossy anisotropic material? These settings are enough - black diffuse white reflection, glossiness about 0.7 and some anisotropy, that produces similar appearance in the material editor.
            The idea is to check the default UVW maping, all the anisotropic materials are very sensitive to "second order" interruptions in the uv mappoing, i.e. even small change in the uv axes direction can produce huge visible artifacts in a reflective glossy anisotropic material.
            About the scratches - many of the materials in the library have natural scratches, just because the samples that we use have scratches, and they are visible under certain angle, the image below demonstrates this. Of course these scratches are part of the material and are not controllable. As i mentioned we have plans to research the possibility to add these scratchesas separate layer, or separate material, but this is still under research.

Click image for larger version

Name:	scratches.png
Views:	204
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	999432

Comment

I didn't safe the scene and try to reproduced it with no luck.
              I believe it happens under certain lighting/camera position.

Comment

Working...
              X