Better library interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better library interface

I asked for a better web interface in the past and everyone agreed it's necessary.
    but nothing ever happened so I have to nag. Sorry.
    Look at providers like megascans or poliigon.
    It is easier to find what you are looking for in there and see the materials and details, not only on a shader ball but as a plain texture , also how they tile.
    I tried finding a specific fabric yesterday and it's really hard and awkward to browse and search.
    Please be inspired by your competitors so that vrscans can shine and stand out.
    Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
    www.AddYourLight.com
    Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

I wholeheartedly agree with this!
    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

I mean, I am looking for a fabric like this. The small thumbnails are really hard to read when it comes down to those details. Then I have to click on each, load the thumbnail to a bigger preview, which takes a lot of time, but then it is still hard to find a matching one. Having a large 2D preview that is viewable quickly, would really help.
      Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
      www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

In few words, you need fast way to see the material as 2d sample, to chech the size, the seams quality, the tilling etc.This makes sense, ok we will ask the web guys.

Comment

Yes, indeed. I do not know when we talked about a better library interface, but it is a while back. I hope this will not take another year to implement.
          I am still going through the library to find a match LOL
          Also, better tagging and color matching would be nice.
          Sometimes colors are not really matching to my search and just a general tag for fabrics is not helping that much.
          VRscans is about accuracy but if the fabrics do not have names, this accuracy is lost.
          www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Working...
          X