Hi!
I’m writing here but I’m not sure 100% if it’s an issue in Vantage or 3dsMax/VRay.
If I’m wrong please let me know.
Sometime I have to do for work some 3D insert in real footage and I calculate the sequence in VRay. Since Vantage is became powerful, solid, super fast and the materials are great I decided to calculate my images sequence in Vantage.
When I import the camera track data into 3dsMax the camera is a “free camera”…not physycal or Vray camera. I can not change that because, if I convert it, I lose the lens and Fov. Usually the zoom, lens are not fixed and they are animated too.
I tried to convert it in physical or VRay camera even buying script from D95Design_Camera Converter, but it doesn’t convert lens and FOV. So I have to keep the Free Camera data from the tracking software.
Here the three problems with Vantage.
1. If I use Livelink, the camera is perfect…but I can not save the sequence (the button “sequence” is OFF).
2. If I use from 3dsMax “Render Animation with Vantage”, it ask me to use or physical camera or VRay camera, that I can not convert with them.
3. If I use Export Scene, the camera movement is correct but it doesn’t keep the correct zoom, lens, FOV. The zoom is fixed and doesn’t change instead it should do it.
The fast solutions would be of course just integrate/fix when using “Export Scene” can also read the animated lens, fov, zoom.
Or in “Render Animation with Vantage” accept also a Free Camera.
If someone knows how to fix this or I’m doing something wrong please let me know!
If this is an issue I hope in the next Vantage update you can fix it! It woul be great to use Vantage to calculate these sequence…instead to wait 20hr in VRay.
Right-click on the VRayPhysicalCamera and from the quad menu choose wire parameters
Choose which parameters you want to link and select the free camera
In the Parameter Wiring dialog select matching properties from the 2 lists, click on the ← - - arrow beteen the lists (this arrow means that the parameter from the right controls the parameter on the left) and finally click Connect
Do the previous step for all necessary parameters
For FOV the connection requires a little adjustment - the free camera outputs the FoV in radians while the VRayPhysicalCamera expects degrees. We can adjust the connection by adding the formula RadToDeg(FOV) and update it.
Please let me know if my suggestion will work in your case.
Hi,
I swear that I had tried yesterday and it did not work. The lens was incorrect.
I tried now and it works!..So maybe yesterday, I changed something without realizing it.