Has anyone seen this. It’s a chinese realtime renderer for skp.
Thoughts?
Has anyone seen this. It’s a chinese realtime renderer for skp.
Thoughts?
Interesting, looks like heavy usage of RTX raytracing. For example shadows looks like raytraced and not done per shadow map.
At the youtube videos there is an interior rendered - 4k in 86s (2060). This sounds like what I missed at Enscape - a high quality output based on RTX, not optimized for real time only, but for final stills. The big question for me would be - how much of a scene can be seen at mirrors? Are objects skipped like at Enscape?
Has anyone played with this? Now they have animation incorporated into it.
You might have better luck asking this over at SketchUcation honestly.
I want a get a feel of how many Enscape users are considering testing it.
We are a large firm with tons of Enscape licenses.
We are definitely keeping an eye on D5. The lighting quality is excellent.
Granted, the demos are likely run on a high-end RTX card, but clearly they have a good thing going.
5D video seems interesting. we will continue to watch
Certainly there are also some options for Enscape for the future.
But I hope for Enscape to remain faithful to the handling and the intelligent architecture.
Sometimes I wonder and ask myself, am I really an architect and designer or just now
program-expert, who believed to be an architect + designer. (just joking)
D5 indeed looks somewhat promising. For our use case D5 still lacks some key features though such as VR, Standalone, layers and especially Sketchup live sync. We’ll see what the future will bring…
I am trying D5 as well. I really like the behaviour of materials, especially mirrors and transparent, but I really enjoy the proxy feature of Enscape, which I don’t think it’s implemented in D5 at the moment..
Thanks guys. Great feedback.
I too work for a large firm, and even though I run the vis studio that is strictly a 3ds MAX and Vray/Corona pipeline, I’m also tasked at looking at rendering technology for the architects/designers to use in their day to day process. Enscape is really a strong program and we have tons of licenses. We try to keep an open mind on technology and always test new applications. I too was on the fence about D5 since it is a Chinese company. My main concern would be support.
Installed D5. They clearly have a long way to go. It’s extremely limited, the UI is terrible, and the basic default GI (before you add any lighting) in no way comes even close in quality to Enscape. Always fun to test out new things, but they should have waited a bit longer.
I agree…I installed it on my monster workstation because it didn’t work on my laptop. It couldn’t open a 15 mb file. Just sat there at 0 percent.