Custom proxy objects in Rhino Enscape

Hi, I know we have the Enscape library built into Rhino but i was wondering if there is a way to bring in custom proxy objects just like Sketch Up?

We have some great game engine trees and vegetation running in Sketch Up but cant use them Rhino as there doesn’t seem to be a “linked model” function.

Any workarounds on this one? Anyway to replace library assets or add assets to the library?

The proxy functionality which is available for SketchUp, is not yet available for Rhino I’m afraid. There is also currently no way to replace library assets or add your own, but this has been requested before quiet a few times so I can gladly add your upvote to the topic if you’d like to? :slight_smile: Otherwise, maybe you’d rather prefer a proxy functionality? Let me know!

Yes please do! The SketchUp Proxy function works great so anything like that would be ideal!

Thanks @grant10design , I’ll file this as a dedicated feature request accordingly.

Hi,

I think it’s quite complicated to get to a decent library of vegetation and furniture, that’s why custom proxies could be very useful.

For furniture, a decent library example is designconnected.com . And that’s because they have objects that can be purchased in reality. So furniture for some interior design, for example, can be chosen in relation to cost, etc.

@ Bogdan - I’ve up-voted the story in our developer agenda on your behalf.

Thanks,

You can also check evermotion for vegetation examples.

@FloatingVolume , our latest preview already includes additional vegetation from evermotion. :slight_smile: Check it out!

I saw it and thought It was looking very similar to the one from evermotion. Many architecture rendering companies use vegetation from there. so you could actually check out their websites and see which trees are most commonly used. Also adding the latin name of the plants will help landscape designers a lot.

Could you also add very tall grass as an enscape featrure, something like evermotion - archmodels vol126?

+1 Please

Added, thank you.

+1 Here too

Sure, thanks!

+1 here

Is there any hope this function comming next update ?

I’m afraid, probably not - but your upvote has still been added to the topic of course to reflect the further demand for this. :slight_smile:

+1

I am voting for proxy function, we are using a lot of evermotion models and at some point model is getting quite heavy and hard to work with. Looking forwrad to next update!

Upvoted through your voice and through @andreas , as mentioned though, please be aware that this function may not be coming with our next update just yet.

+1

Thank you!