(done) [HOU-1939] Status info in VFB

It would be awesome if the VFB could display the render status information as it does in Max. The “estimated” time information is super handy to have. The “finished in” info is also in the Console, but I usually don’t have it visible on screen, so I always have to dig it out.

[edit: for some reason I can’t upload any images… always get 'An unexpected error was returned: ‘Array passed to Insert Query’ ]

+1 for this.

This would be great.
Also, if it also output the projected render time into the deadline info like in max would be great.

Best,
David.

Good point! Absolutely :slight_smile:

Hi again,

Just a suggestion, the projected render time could just go here:

Rendering Image… 3:00:00 to go.

Something like that would be enough.

Best,
David.

ok, attachments work again :slight_smile:
estimated.png
finished.png

Hey all,

with V-Ray 5 on the horizon, we will most likely update V-Ray for Houdini to use the new Frame Buffer where such customizations would be much simpler to implement for us. If it’s not very urgent, I ask that you please give us some time to focus on that.

@david.anastacio I’ll see if it’s possible to grab the estimated time left and feed that to Deadline. Thank you for the suggestion, we never thought of that before!

Best regards!

Oh, sure, not urgent :slight_smile: Just thought that since it’s already working in max it might have been a trivial thing to do in H. But waiting for the Vray 5 update isn’t a problem.

@Gosho.Genchev , it’s all ok, the render time in no way impacts our work. Like @racoonart mentioned, I also assumed it would be a trivial thing since in max it’s already there :wink:
But for the deadline estimate, would be really usefull to check if something is going wrong or render times are insie expectations.

Best,
David.

Estimated time is now displayed in status bar of the VFB.

Awesome! Thanks guys :slight_smile:

Thanks, it’s a welcom addition :smile: