How the emissive work when uncheck the auto-exposure

HI,

I have two questions:

1- I know the emissive material can work easily when check the auto-exposure.but when i uncheck it ,the emissive material will not self-illumination. My question is how make it work when uncheck auto-exposure?

2- I know auto-exposure is one of camera‘s attributes,why enscape make auto-exposure associate with emissive?

Thanks!

Emissive and auto exposure have nothing to do with each other. The darker the camera exposure, the more you see bright things blooming.

@jacklg2000 Maybe you run in the issue that the emissive surface is visible and used for measuring the auto exposure. So, the brightness could be automatic turned down.

My emitter workflow was first to disable the auto exposure, set the emitters to a medium or at an 80% brightness and adjust the general camera brightness so that the emissive light effect looks good. Now I added and adjusted daylight or lights. So, your emitters are working in a good range, you can set it a little bit brighter if needed and at color (1,1,1) you get a good lowest emitter effect.

The problem is that the emissive effect is limited by the color range (1,1,1) to (255,255,255). If your general brightness is to low or to high, than your lowest emitters are to bright or your brightest emitters to dark. My request to avoid this range trouble was to get a global emitter multiplier like for lights. An other solution could be to get a more non linear relation between emitter color and brightness.

@Micha Thank you for sharing the experience. When I try it ,I can’t find the parameters:emitters, i work in enscape for rhino.

Thanks , that make sense!

@jacklg2000 Here a link to the docu about Rhino emitter materials. Your possible brightness range is determinated by the emissive color, so you can work from black to white in 255 steps only. Doe’s it help?

https://enscape3d.com/knowledgebase/materials-in-rhino/

@Micha sure ,it help me a lot . now i know emitters is the range of the emissive color.

@jacklg2000 I found at the latest preview that the Enscape materials allow to get a full control over a wide range of intensity. Only the implementation of the Enscape materials is quite weak and the workflow cumbersome.

@Micha I tried the emissive material in latest preview. it is more flexible and convenient for me.

In the beginning, I found a lot nice rendering with emissive material in Showcase. And someone share the experience to get the nice emissive effect(bloom) is to turn off the Auto-Exposure. But, i usually do that by turning on it ,and adjust the emissive color to get the strong or weak bloom effect.When i turn off the Auto-Exposure, the bloom would disappear.When i give the total white emissive color,It is only enough bright, but no bloom. I can get bloom by making the bloom value bigger in image of setting pannel, but you know, all lights will bloom. Then i asked for help here.

Now,i test the emissive material below in latest enscape, it is easy to get the bloom.

Finally, I am very appreiciated with your help and patience.