Interiors - French Eclectic

Hello All,

Happy to share with you the first installment of interior design work I introduced into this project after sharing the exterior renders a couple months ago. This first batch of images were made with the new Enscape version 2.6.

Hope you Enjoy.

Steven Garubba

DeGraw & DeHaan Architects

@Steven_Garubba , amazing! Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

Thank you Demian!

… simply speechless - an excellent work !
(especially I love the view into the winter-garden with the grand piano and this “cool” top-down view)
if you’ve used SkUp, how big is this file?

Thanks man! The base model for this SketchUp is currently at 248MB, but I am sure it would be well over 500mb if I included the proxies (high-poly furniture).

As always, perfect work Steven. 8)

Do you model all your own furniture or is there a database I don’t know about?

Thank you

Cheers,

Manuela

Thank you Manuela!

I try and find high-poly models in 3d warehouse. Just increase the polygon count slider while searching. Then I will edit them further with my textures and some additives like blankets with clothworks.

Thanks again,

Steve

Nice work, Steven, especially the camera angles.

Really Nice Results

Steven,

I’m always blown away by your work. Thank you for sharing. Can you share about what textures you use with walls and cabinetry, specifically?

I always struggle to know what to use for these - what sort of bump maps, for example, does one use on cabinets, walls, etc. so that they look as realistic as what you produce?

Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

Thank you for your kind words!

I try to keep walls and cabinetry simple as far as material goes. I’ll use just the color/albedo without bump or reflection for the most part unless there are bead board elements. For cabinetry and trim, I’ll use 30-50% roughness while the walls would be at 70-90% roughness. The work on detailing and realism is spent on modeling rather than textures. A lot of trim profiles are used throughout the house to produce a certain level of depth.

In short, studying classical architecture, detail and proportion help to produce this certain level of realism!

Hope this helps!

Steve

Hey Steve,

Loving the renders, particularly the monochromatic piano room, the effects add that touch of elegance!