IR prepass / animation error

Submitted to ChasoGroup support, but haven’t heard anything back yet - - so I’m trying the forums to see if anyone here has a solution:

I encountered a significant error when trying to resume a stopped render that uses the IR prepass.

Following the instructions here, but using Maya 2016 SP4:

Using IR Animation (prepass) + LC setting I rendered out frames 800-1000. Then using Animation (rendering) setting with no LC I rendered frames 800-815. Everything is looking great! Upon restarting the render from frame 815, I noticed a significant difference in the GI pass between frame 815 of the first round of render and the second.

Any ideas why this is occurring? Or how to fix it? It seems to be similar in nature to the issue jasonazure was having:
http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthread.php?86447-Problem-with-animation-prepass-irradiance-files

Thanks,


Can you send us the scene or a portion of it so we can run some tests?
Could you tell us your V-Ray version?

I PM’d you a link to the scene file.

This issue happens with both VRAY 3.10.01 and 3.30.01

OK, thanks. I’ll have a look and get back to you with what I find.

The Support Team is a bit overloaded after the Maya release and there is a delay in our replies.
Can you give me the ticket number so I could check what’s going on with your case?

Ticket #882979

Thank you Svetlozar