Lake Residence

I decided to take one of my renderings from a recent project and apply detailed photoshop overlays. Below the image I will list all the effects that I have added to the image to enhance the great image Enscape was able to produce.

Base Image: with HDRI Skies

List of effects in which I can ellaborate furhter if questions arise.

  • Clean any model mishaps: sometimes with Revit there are portions of the model that aren’t worth fixing, strange topography around a wall is a major one.
  • Replace the grass: while enscape grass works for realtime I prefer to layer real images of grass over the Enscape grass. I use a 30% opacity brush on a clipping mask to pull shadows.
  • Replace background: HDRI’s usually have backgrounds I do not want, but lighting that I like. Replacing the background gets the best of both worlds.
  • Wave effect to stone corners: while not too noticable at the small scale seen here, once the image is used in a larger presentation the depth on the corners is more present.
  • Color Grading and Detailing: One of the biggest steps for a finished image, I sharpen parts of the image and pull the detail from the amazing Enscape rendering. This gives the image life and makes the scene feel more complete

This steps are primarily important for exterior renderings as I usually only do color grading and detailing for my interior images. If anyone else wants to share their tips and tricks on getting the most out of your image please share!

1 Like