Monochrome pallet MIes Van Der Rohe


2.jpg


Very nice work as always Olga, thanks for sharing!

THANK YOU! :slight_smile:

Hi Olga! I hope you can allow some constructive criticism:

  1. The composition of your images is always good, but I find your materials to be too flat too often. In some cases (marble mats) I find them totally wrong: marble is in most cases completely shiny, so that bit of roughness you put is IMHO totally out of place. Instead, some very uneven materials, such as wooden floors, are somehow always flat. In this case, a dull floor can be a specific choice but I think this might not happen in every single render. I suggest you work a little more on your mats, and to add some additional textures in the height/roughness slots, for far even better results!

  2. The backplate you used is perfect!!! very moody!

  3. The material on the couch is really ugly ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ sorry! I think you could try lowering the bump/displacement values and add a roughness map for a much better result. But, still, that’s my opinion.

  4. I think there’s a lighting issue: you put a lot of “hidden” lights which fill the room, but no real source of light is lit. Look at the ceiling lamps: the bulbs are off, but still the room is bright. Fix this disalignment to be more convincing!

  5. It took me around 3 minutes to understand yout picture number 5 :smiley: Seemed like the plant vases outside were coming inside the room with gigantic flowers. It’s a trick of the eye, but somehow the orchid in the foreground seems planted in the outdoor vases on the left. Maybe you can add a little DOF to make this effect disappear.

That’s it! Olga, don’t be mad. I really like your renders, and this is only my 2 cents to make them look super!

Hi Filippo,

My breath is always taken away by rendering works of people which look like the real photo and no one can even tell if it’s real or not.

I always appreciate their advice and even looking forward to it!

I’m sorry, but this is not your case!

I saw your works on your website and haven’t found even one that looks realistic. Everything is so artificial and unreal!

There are almost no lights and lightning in the rooms and spaces like this simply don’t exist in real life.

Regarding the “ugly couch”, please complain to 3D Enscape Designers as this item was taken directly from their library.

1 minute it’s a lot of time to think, but it had taken u 3 minutes to get that it’s just a closer view of Mies Van Der Roch’s armchairs and orchids are standing on the coffee table… Well, u need to do something regarding your thinking process!

Marble is marble, not a mirror, neither metal nor any other polished material, so it should be slightly brushed and not be “completely shiny”.

Please upgrade your own renderings, make them look real and less artificial before you give any “ugly” advice to others.

BTW, try not to be “mad and take it as constructive criticism”.

The kitchen looks sharp, but I do find that badly textured sofa a big distraction. The black leather sofa that’s in the Enscape assets looks nothing like that.

it’s Enscape bag or Issue… Sometimes it’s necessary to Close Enscape and Sketchup and open them up again to see better rendering results.

Actually, I did it right now and I can see the completely different texture of this sofa.

I’m sorry to hear about that though, that should not happen! I heard about an issue like this before so, could you also send us a report from your machine? We can check the logs for a hint as to why this happens. Thank you!

Ah, that would explain it - that there’s a bug in the texture scale.

Btw Olga I really didn’t mean to offend you! I really appreciate your work (as I explicitly wrote), and I remember I already liked some other renders of yours!

This place is meant to be a place to discuss, not only to be gald at the results we achieve. We can all do better things, and I always look for advices to get better. It’s not a contest, and never was for me. Sorry again if I insulted you in any way, that was totally not my intention.

Demian,

I sent feedback, however, your team members will see a good result right now.

That should be helpful even if you currently don’t experience this issue, so thanks a lot!